Deepak snubs SRK’s Ghar Ki Baat


At a time when TV actors yearn for character and more meaningful roles, Deepak Tijori’s refusal to accept SRK’s sitcom Ghar Ki Baat is indeed surprising. Reportedly, Ghar Ki Baat is similar to the yesteryear sitcom Yeh Jo Hai Zindagi. Deepak was offered to play the lead character’s role – that was enacted by Shafi Inamdar – but he turned it down.


When asked about his refusal, Deepak sighed, “I was offered to the play the character that was earlier played by Shafi Inamdar. That the offer came from Shah Rukh’s company (Red Chillies) was indeed tempting but I didn’t think I could fill into Shafi Inamdar’s shoes. He was someone I adored and I didn’t want to be compared with a legend.”

Deepak’s refusal opened the gates for Sumeet Raghavan who now will be essaying this role. “Sumeet is a good actor and I’m sure he’ll do a fair job. However, Shafi is and will forever be unmatched,” added Deepak.

In the last few years, Deepak made news for his appearance in the first season of Bigg Boss. The second season drew lot of flak for its alleged indecency which made the pundit say that the show is rigged. We asked the same to Deepak and he replied, “There was no script when we were there. I haven’t much been able to catch much of this season. But from whatever I’ve seen and read, one wouldn’t be faulted in thinking that it is rigged. Besides, we never resorted to bad language and the format too seems to have gone haywire. People get evicted only to return again to the house.”

No comments:

Audience Favorites