Producer-director Raman Kumar turns actor with Hats off Production's Alakshmi

Producer-director Raman Kumar

Tellychakkar.com was the first to break the news of Helly Shah bagging the role of the female lead in Hats Off Production’s upcoming fiction show on Life OK, tentatively titled Alakshmi.

Here’s some more dope on the show. Raman Kumar is a name in the world of entertainment that needs no introduction. He is a famous director and producer who started his stint in television as a co-director in Yeh Jo Hai Zindagi Hai (1984). Then he went on to produce and direct many iconic shows across genres, namely, Tara, Agnichakra, Sansaar et al.

Now, Raman, the versatile man, is all set to widen his horizon and don the mantle of an actor with Alakshmi.

“He will play the role of an elderly father-in-law,” informed a source.

We got in touch with Raman and he gleefully shared, “I was a part of theater but acting has never been my genre. JD (producer of Hats off) is my friend so I decided to opt for it. Anyways, no one ever approached me to act as I am primarily a director. Hats off is a great production house and I would love to be part of it but I am yet to get a confirmation from the channel.”

We also contacted JD Majethia and he said, “Hopefully we would be working with Raman Kumar.”

The show will go on floors in the next couple of days!!!

No comments:

Audience Favorites