'I'm not as boring as I was shown in Bigg Boss' Debojit Saha

If there was an award for the most non-controversial person in the Bigg Boss House, it would have undoubtedly gone to singer-cum-show host Debojit Saha. After spending 10 weeks as an inmate in the Bigg Boss house, Debojit was ousted. In this freewheeling interview he talks about his fellow inmates in the house, his wife, his career and singing.

Debojit speaks his heart out to Webnsn.com.

People were quite surprised when you took up the offer of participating in Bigg Boss.

So was I! Actually, I had said No when I was initially offered this show and gave a couple of reasons for my refusal. Firstly I was not an actor or the type of dramatic person who would excel in a show like this and secondly my wife Bandana is carrying. I did not want to leave her alone during this time. It was only after she pushed me for the show did I agree. By then I had already had a number of meetings with the producers who were hell bent on having me in the show.

Interestingly, when I'd told the producers that I would be thrown out of the house in a matter of days, they had said that I would be there for at least 10 weeks. And I was there for exactly 10 weeks!

I had one condition which I laid down before them – I should be allowed to do riyaaz every day in the house. They agreed. Unfortunately, that is what went against me and Ehsaan nominated me because apparently my riyaaz was disturbing him.

Has the public perception of Debojit changed after Bigg Boss?

I don't know. That is something you can tell me. I can tell you this much that in reality I am not as boring as I was shown to be. No one outside the Bigg Boss house knows that I used to sing daily for all inmates. In fact, I used to have requests from everyone to sing their favourite numbers. It was nothing short of a song-on-demand programme. I even cooked daily for everyone. After I came out, I learned that unfortunately none of that was shown on television. After Bigg Boss I have become more outspoken.

The Rahul-Monica-Payal triangle on television has created ripples all over the country. You viewed it first hand in the house.

To be very frank, I found Monica to be the most mysterious inmate of the house. Payal seemed to be Rahul's girlfriend for a long time before he started flirting with Monica. I have heard that they (Rahul and Payal) used to stay together before the show started. Even in front of us they used to hug each other and do all sorts of things. Coming from a middle class background, I used to find it pretty awkward.

In fact, after Payal was evicted, Rahul used to tell Monica every now and then—Chal kapde dhone chalte hai—and then both of them would go inside the bathroom. What happened after that we don't know but I must say they (Monica and Rahul) never misbehaved in front of us. But Rahul knew how to use the cameras in the Bigg Boss house very well.

The only person who managed to fight with you in the show was Raja Chowdhury. How do you view him as a person?

I would not like to comment on this, but he is an extremely perverted person. I never wanted to have any relation with him within or outside the house. Just one example will prove what sort of a human being he is – while inside the house he used to say that he would like to stay 100 miles away from girls and within a week of his coming out he got entangled in multiple molestation cases.

Debojit with his Bigg Boss Housemates

Did you expect Ashutosh to win the show?

There are rumours floating around on Rahul Mahajan using his clout to make people vote for Ashutosh. I would not like to comment on that, but I can say this much that Ashutosh is not a person who deserved to win this contest.

Now that Bigg Boss is over, what else is happening in your life?

I have always wanted to establish my career as a singer. Nothing has changed on this front after Bigg Boss. Before I went inside the house, I had recorded the song Pardesi Girl for Dostana. After I came out, I learned that it had become a huge hit and was dubbed by Shankar Mahadevan. I felt sad but that is the way this industry operates, what can one say.

I am doing quite a few stage shows as well, including a number of foreign shows. In fact, after I came out of Bigg Boss, I have gone to Mauritius twice for shows!

Any more reality shows lined up?

Not now. I have done quite a few reality shows as participant and host. Thankfully, I have got good feedback from all judges, hosts and viewers. Right now, I would like to take it a bit easy and concentrate on stage shows, since my wife is expected to deliver in February. She needs me beside her more.


More www.webnsn.com

No comments:

Audience Favorites