From IAS to Chhoti Bahu Runina’s new course

As Chhoti Bahu rolls out today the lead actress Runina Dilaik is nervous as hell but excited as she kick starts her acting career. She has become an actress against all odds. As she was yet to complete her education her parents were not keen that she accept the role. But the 21 year old Runina pleased both her parents as well as herself. She continued to study via a correspondence course and accepted the role.

On the eve of the launch an animated Rubina Dilaik chats on life before Chhoti Bahu and life hereafter, exclusively to Webnsn.com.

Do you relate to the character that you are playing in this show?

I relate to this character to an extent. Like her, I am very content with life and I am strong headed. Radhika has accepted the misfortunes of her life and look at life with a positive perspective. But I am not timid and submissive unlike her.

What were you doing prior to Chhoti Bahu?

I was studying to become an administrative officer. In spite of being good at academics, I was very active in extra curricular activities. I am a national level debater. I have written poems in English. My father has written many books and poems in Hindi and I translate them to English. I had also participated and won two local beauty pageants.

How did this role happen?

My younger sister Rohini and her friend wanted to go for the audition of Chhoti Bahu that was held in a nearby locality and had asked me to accompany them. I went there just to pass time and accompany them. Inside the audition room, every one was tense mugging up the lines and rehearsing for the audition. I snatched a page of dialogues from my sister’s hand to know what was so difficult. Just to test whether I too could do it I too mugged up the lines and gave the audition. Just hours after my audition, I was told that I was short listed. Initially, I was shocked how a small town and ordinary looking girl like me could get selected for such a big role when there were so many promising girls aspiring for the same.

So is your sister envious of you?

Yeah. She tells me that I will kill myself but I will never ever ask you to accompany me for any audition. She wants to come to Mumbai once she completes her graduation and become a television actress.

How did you agree to do the show since your plans for life were something else?

Initially I was very apprehensive. In fact, when I was short listed for the second round, I refused to appear for the second round of auditions. I wanted to complete my studies and acting was never on my mind.

How did your parents react to this decision of yours?

My family members were against me taking up acting as a career. I come from a huge joint family set up where I am answerable to every one in the family for every action of mine. Both my parents are very well educated so even I was expected to have a strong academic career. But my mother did not mind me going ahead. She is the only one who stood by me. In fact, when I refused to go for the second round of audition she coaxed me to change my decision. She had faith in me. She convinced my father to allow me to come to Mumbai and act.

It is heard that the channel took a long time to finalise you for this role. Comment.

Yes, they took time. When I came down to Mumbai I was not even finalised. There were other girls competing for the same role. Also the channel was not sure whether I should play this role or the role of Vishakha, the parallel lead. It took almost five months for everything to get confirmed and the shoot to start. There was a point where I had gone into depression as I was far away from home, everything seemed to be dicey and my studies were going for a toss. Now things are no longer the same and I am happier than ever.

Is there someone special in your life?

No and it is tough for me to find that boy as I am too difficult to handle.

What about your studies?

I am continuing my studies through correspondence. Further, I am very clear on doing an MBA but sadly even that will be through correspondence.

What are your plans for the future?

I never plan.

More www.webnsn.com

No comments:

Audience Favorites