Hiten Tejwani steps out of Ekta’s camp!

.
Hiten Tejwani


One would think Hiten Tejwani would be obliged to take up any role that Ekta Kapoor offers him.





After all, the actor has been part of her production house for the longest time and is considered one of their loyalists. But ask Hiten this and he replies in the negative. “Nothing like that at all,” he says, “Ekta only offers me the best of roles, she has faith in me to do those roles,” he says. What about Kyunki... where he had to play an old man after the generation leap? “The story progressed that way. I grew old with the story but even that decision was left to me,” he explains.


It’s his equation with Ekta that made us raise our eyebrows when we learnt that Hiten has said yes to do a role in JD Majethia’s Jasuben Jayantilal Joshi Ki Joint Family. Any chances of the relationship going kaput? “Not at all,” says Hiten, “Ekta has always maintained that she has no problems if her actors work elsewhere, as long as her schedule is not disrupted. She had no problems at all with my taking up this role.” He goes on to say that he and Majethia have always wanted to work together since Hiten’s Kutumb days but things didn’t materialise. “Time management was a problem as I couldn’t give him dates. So this time when they offered me Jasuben, I said yes because I have time on my hands,” he adds.




Hiten doesn’t want to say much about the role except that since the plot is comic, his role too is not a very serious type. “He’s an NRI who comes to meet his childhood friend and the story progresses from there,” he says. The actor can be seen in Kahaani Humaare Mahabhaat Ki and reveals that he has another show on hand but it’s too early to talk about it. Who’s the producer you ask? Well, Ekta of course!

No comments:

Audience Favorites