Ramp model turned Maa Vaishno Devi - Rupa Dutta


Coming to the city of dreams, the young girl from the city of joy has seen much more than just dreams in Mumbai.

It may sound like a film story but for Rupa Dutta, reel came to reality.

She was a ramp model in Kolkata from where she graduated to doing ads and also a few Bengali movies. She won an award for her performance in a Bengali film adapted from Rabindranath Tagore’s story called Konkaal. She also did some Bengali serials as the main lead before being auditioned for a Hindi show.

She was chosen and asked to come to Mumbai with promises of being taken care off well including the accommodation. But once she reached here she realised she had to fend for herself. “I made some acquaintances around and would be jumping around from one place to the other to just keep my luggage. Luckily I was busy shooting whole day so I managed,” she says.

Today she has her own apartment here and has also bought a car. “It's an achievement in itself and I am happy I braved it out this far. Yet I know I have a long way to go.” After doing a couple of shows in the past, currently Rupa is working in Jai Maa Vaishno Devi where she plays the main lead. “Mythological serials are different from family dramas and it’s a total different experience. But yes, I like doing the saas-bahu serials and would love to do more of them,” she adds.

No comments:

Audience Favorites