On Children’s Day stars talk about life of kids then and now



On Children’s Day stars talk about life of kids then and now

What is that one privilege that you had as a kid that kids today are deprived of?


Yash Tonk:
I hail from a small town in Haryana and I think today’s kids are deprived of is the open atmosphere and a carefree attitude that we used to enjoy during our childhood. Our parents ensured that we made the most of our childhood and enjoyed playing with friends whereas we as parents have become extra -protective towards our kids. As a kid I hardly used to care about my clothes getting soiled but kids today are so conscious about such things.


Ketki Dave:
There are lot many things that today’s kids are deprived of which we enjoyed as kids. We were all involved in outdoor games as there was no TV for us. I remember as a kid we used to go and play Chor-Police in the huge Parsi General Hospital grounds. And whenever it was my turn to play ‘Police’ and seek out all my friends, I used to run home after they would hide themselves. Finally they would come searching for me. We would also enact a lot of dramas and we used to sell tickets to the residents of our building and the money was spent on a lavish lunch. I think kids of today are missing out on such funfilled outdoor games. Their idea of enjoyment is to watch TV. I think TV should be banned for kids till they go to college. Outdoor games keep you fit mentally and physically.


Shweta Tiwari:
I don’t think children today are deprived of anything. They have everything at their foot step. I agree that the joint family system is not prevalent any more. But this too is in the favour of kids as they get a lot of attention from elders as opposed to the system of joint family where there are many children and they have to share everything with each other including attention from elders. My daughter is living a beautiful life where she has her own fairy tale kind of room, a pet, lots of toys, etc. She is pampered a lot by my relatives and me. She is learning to play the piano. She has also joined dance classes, drawing classes, etc. This was not possible in our time. I was fond of learning dance in my childhood days but I could never join a dance class.


Divyanka Tripathi:
I think today’s kids are deprived of are the plush green grounds. As a kid we had such huge spaces to play in but today’s kids just don’t have any grounds to go out and play. They are more or less confined within their extra-protective four walls of the house. Parents too fear of letting their children go out and play because of the ever increasing traffic in big cities.


Tanaaz Currim:
I think today’s children miss out on outdoor activities, joint family system, family values and quality time that is spent with family. Kids these days spend most of their time in front of the computer or TV set. It is the same with my daughter too but I encourage her to go out and play.

No comments:

Audience Favorites