'I made a mistake marrying early'


Shweta Tiwari

The spotlight trailed her like a shadow ever since she became Prerna (Kasautii Zindagii Ka
y).



That show is over, but Shweta remains busy. She’s doing a reality dance show, Jalwa 4 2 Ka 1 and also a daily. Shweta admits that you can see “traces” of her in reality shows, but in a TV show, it’s all about acting a part. Does she ever feel she will be able to let go of ‘Prerna’? Shweta confesses that it’s going to be “difficult to emerge out of Prerna’s shadow. That’s the reason I did not accept any show that was offered to me after KZK. I preferred reality shows instead.”

The actress will soon be seen in a strong woman-oriented role in a soap that talks about double standards in society when it comes to man-woman relationships. In the past people had a field day discussing her marital life and rumoured link-ups but Shweta does not care. She feels one has to follow what “one’s heart says” rather than take “tips.” So does she feel she has had to compromise a lot? “See, when you are in a relationship, you try to make it work. You feel, okay I was wrong this time, it will be fine the next time and the time after that. But you can’t be wrong all the time. One day, you have to voice your opinion. Marriage or a relationship is a disaster when it is forced.”

Though her relationship with Raja Chowdhury has ended technically, they do share a daughter Palak, whom Shweta describes as the “one important reason” for happiness in her life. “I don’t want a partner in life. There might be a different perspective on a companion or a life partner if you interview me after two years, but I feel today I am independent and if it is about companionship, I have my daughter or even domestic help at home. It’s not always about a “husband” who can fulfil your desires and wants. I agree I made a mistake marrying early, but you are wise if you don’t repeat your mistakes.”

The actress strongly feels that today when a woman is educated, she should not feel insecure about being “lonely in life.” And she does not want to join Bollywood either. “It’s better to be a star on television than chase producers in Bollywood.” The actor loves dancing. She enjoys holidays with her daughter but when it comes to looking for love, Shweta is lying low. “I think, men come to you, when you give them that signal you like them.”

No comments:

Audience Favorites