Sandhya Mridul is clearly loving her role as anchor


.
Her vivaciousness rubs off on the contestants and the judges. Her impromptu jigs and exuberance liven up the stage, and her goading and riling,
Sandhya Mridul

motivates the contestants to do better. Sandhya Mridul is clearly loving her role as the anchor of dance reality show Ek Khiladi Ek Haseena.


Mona & Harbhajan Singh WON "Ek Khiladi Ek Hasina"



Being focused

She has deftly moved from cinema to TV, each time stunning the audience with her acting prowess. Unlike her peers, who handle only one medium at a time, Sandhya seems to be equally at ease on the small and big screen. Ask her how she manages to do this, and she says, “It’s is all about being focused. I enjoy my craft, and the medium through which I practice it is not important.”

Full Story of all Seasons: Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa - Sony Entertainment Television Presented.


Opening up

Though she has received critical acclaim for her roles in films and TV shows, it is only through dance that Sandhya has attained popularity. Tell her this and she agrees, “Dance has actually done wonders for me. It has changed my personality and has helped me discover myself. I am getting a lot of offers to do item numbers, but I will do something like that only if it is very exciting and allows me to do something, which has not been done so far.”


TOP Indian Television Anchors



No niche

She’s already an actress, and now she can dance too. So, how will she utilise this combination? Saying that planning is not her forte, she adds, “I don’t have a specific way to go about my work. My career graph has been very erratic because I do what I like. I don’t wish to carve a niche. I just want to make crazy choices, which allow me to experiment and explore. I realise that the entertainment industry is going through its best phase now, and actresses like me should make the most of it. I look forward to working with directors like Vishal Bharadwaj, Imtiaz Ali and Sudhir Mishra. And though I may be whimsical in my choice of projects, one thing I’m sure of, is my desire to work with Aamir Khan.”

Ready for the challenge

Coming to her role as an anchor, TV viewers have often found Sandhya to be very harsh to Sreesanth. Why is it so? “I’m very fond of Sreesanth. He is the best dancer on the show. Everybody tells me that I’m being very harsh on him. But, it is only when you challenge a person that he gives his best. That’s the reason I am critical of Surveen Chawla and Sreesanth, because I feel they are the best couple on the show,” she says and adds, “my heart also goes out to Dinesh Karthik and Nigaar, because I feel that they are the underdogs.” And how has her interaction with the cricketers been on the show? “I love cricket and I enjoy being with some of the best players on the show.”


TOP Indian Reality Shows


No time for love

And what about the famous Harbhajan Singh-Sreesanth rivalry? “I try to needle them a lot, so that we too get to see some fireworks. But on the show, they are pretty cool towards each other,” she says sounding a tad disappointed.

Finally, with so much happening in her career, how is she doing on the personal front? “At the moment the time is not right for a relationship. I’m an ‘all or nothing’ kind of a person. Right now I don’t have the time to invest in a relationship,” she sums up.

Full Story of ALL SEASONS:

TOP Indian Reality Shows

Nach Baliye - Star One & Star Plus

Indian Idol (Sony Entertainment Television)

Zee TV - Sa Re Ga Ma Pa

STAR Voice of India

The Great Indian Laughter Challenge - STAR ONE

MTV Bakra & MTV Roadies

Fame Gurukul

Kaun Banega Crorepati - Star Plus Prsented

"Big Brother" & Bigg Boss 2 Updates

Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa - Sony Entertainment Television Presented.

Boogie Woogie - Sony Entertainment Television Presented

"Nach Baliye 4" Participants Photos

Full Details : TOP 30 Participants of Indian Idol Season 4


No comments:

Audience Favorites