Of costumes and dramas

.
Neha and Neil

For Neha Marda and Neil Bhatt, wearing contemporary clothes on television seems to be a privilege now.



Neil, who was earlier seen in Arsalan , and Neha, who started with Ek Thi Rajkumari and is currently doing Balika Vadhu , are now coming together for SaharaOne’s show Jo Ishq Ki Marzi Woh Rab Ki Marzi. The show, set in the pre-independence India, has both the actors donning traditional Indian attires, all over again.

“We did a lot of research before we decided the look of the show. A lot of attention has been paid to the detailing of these outfits. While, as Sunaina, I would be seen in lehenga ensembles, Neil would wear dhotis and traditional shirts. Jewellery has also been designed keeping in mind the era that the show is set in,” says Neha. Neil pitches in and says, “Our characters belong to Rajput families and so we had to dress up accordingly.

Sumer, the character that I portray, is a headstrong boy who is very competitive. Interestingly, this is my second show, and also the second costume drama that I am acting in. I have almost started feeling comfortable in dhotis that I have been wearing for the shooting.”

Neha echoes the sentiment and says, “Earlier, such costumes were seen only in mythological shows, but, for all the three shows of mine, I have been wearing lehengas and now I feel so comfortable in these clothes that I could sleep wearing the same! Although, the show Balika Vadhu is set in a Rajasthani household and so I have to wear chunky jewellery and elaborate clothes, in Ek Thi ... I played a princess and had to wear these clothes. These costume dramas are in my blood now.”

Nilanjana Purkayastha, business head, SaharaOne, says, “Jo Ishq Ki Marzi Woh Rab Ki Marzi has a distinct style that sets it apart from other period or mythological shows. Great care has been taken in choosing the fabrics and cuts. We have chosen an earthy feel as opposed to the overly opulent look that such shows on TV have. The show itself has a fresh, young feel. It is shot at countryside locales.”

No comments:

Audience Favorites