Amar Upadhyay's Film life got Zero but still saying NO TO Television

.


Amar Upadhyay
the first and original Mihir of Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi, life after the Soap.

Where have you been all this while?

I wanted to chill for a while. I’ve been thinking about my career and what exactly I should do. The one thing I’ve always believed in is ‘Doing no work is better than doing bad work’. I’ve had lots of offers from television, but I decided that I wanted to be back in films with a good movie, a good director, someone who could do justice to me. In the past I had bad experiences with people promising me the skies. They said they would release my films on a big level, but never did. Anyway, I did get appreciated by audiences when they saw the movies on TV. The last one year I was doing a lot of thinking and that has paid off. I’m clear about what I want.

Do you have any movies in your kitty?

I have completed two films. The first 13-B is directed by Vikram Kumar, who has assisted Priyadarshan. I’ve also completed my second film which is Boney Kapoor’s film directed by Anees Bazmi. It’s tentatively called It’s My Life. I’m looking forward to these two releases. There are a couple of other offers, big banners and good comedy films. I want to do a comedy after a long time. I started my career with Dekh Bhai Dekh. I also did the film Wah Wah Ramji with Paresh Rawal.

So no TV plans at the moment?

Definitely not at the moment because except reality shows there seems no change in the content on television.

Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi is winding up...

It was a great show for TV. Ekta brought about a revolution with this show. Daily soaps till then were not taken seriously, but it all changed after Kyunki. This serial definitely has made lives of many people including the production house, the channels and all the actors including me, of course.

Did you ever regret quitting Kyunki...?

No. My decision was well thought out. I believe in taking risks. Without risks there is no gain. Yes, when you take risks your chances of losing initially are very high. But ultimately it does pay off. So today I’m back doing what I love doing which is films and that too with good banners and great directors. I truly believe this is a golden period for our film industry with different kinds of movies being made. A lot of experimentation is happening on the script level and the amazing part is that 90 per cent of the experiments have worked in the last two-and-half years.

No comments:

Audience Favorites