Smriti Irani shoots for Ek Thi Naayka

Smriti Irani shoots for Ek Thi Naayka

The elusive actress now an MP, is in town shooting for Ekta Kapoor’s Ek Thi Naayka..


All her fans have been eagerly waiting for Smriti Irani to come back on Television. It is happy times for them and more so because Smriti will be seen with her earlier co-actors, the original Mihir Virani (Amar Upadhyay) and Jaya Bhattacharya from Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi.
She is currently in town shooting for Balaji Telefilms two episode story in Ek Thi Naayka on Life OK. Smriti shoots in the night for the show in Mumbai and goes back to Delhi to attend the Parliament sessions and perform her duties as an MP. The entire travel and shoot experience seemed to have taken its toll and thus sounding a little off-color yet ever-enthusiastic about her show, the actor spoke to TellyBuzz about her experience.
What made you accept this role in Ek Thi Naayka?
The only reason I'm doing Ek Thi Nayika is because Ekta asked me to. Every time I've worked for Balaji I've done it with the full faith that Ekta will weave me into an interesting project.
How does it feel coming back to Ekta and Balaji?
It's like a homecoming. I am back to my roots.
Tell us little bit about your character and the story…
I can't share the plot or the story but it sure promises to be interesting.
How is it shooting with co-actors Jaya Bhattacharya and Amar Upadhyay again?
Jaya was and is one of my very dear friends in the industry. It is great to catch up with her. I'm particularly enjoying pulling her leg every day at work. With her role as Payal in Kyunki... people always presumed that she was the wicked one and I was the dukhiyari because of which she has been subjected to many pranks.
It's equally nice to catch up with Amar after so long.

Is there a nostalgic feeling while working on the sets of Balaji?
Yes my attachment to Balaji is not only restricted to Ekta, Shobhaji, Jeetuji and the actors that I've worked with but also many people in the management and technical departments. Ketan Gupta, Meetu, Vishal Mehra even my director Muzamill, many of us began our careers in Balaji hence it feels nice to be back with the old gang.
How do you manage the shoot in Mumbai while the session is on in Delhi? Is it hectic? And are you finding it worth it?
Hectic yes, but as always I have managed to multi-task and survive.
Do you miss acting? Will we see you do a full- fledged role again or make a serial as a producer?
I don't miss acting as such. Just miss company of old friends, the cacophony that surrounds our get together and the spirit to make history on Indian TV.

Audience Favorites