Ronit has always regarded Rohit as a "son" more than a "sibling"

Ronit and Rohit Roy

There are many actors in the world of television who are very insecure and rivalries are a common occurrence. In this scenario, brothers Rohit and Ronit Roy come across as a whiff of fresh air. Rohit, who is making a comeback to fiction genre with Sajda Tere Pyaar Mein on Star Plus, describes his elder brother as his father figure.

“He has always regarded me a son more than a sibling,” he says. 37 year old Rohit also does not feel that there is any competition between him and Ronit since “both of them are in completely different age brackets.”

He further continues, “It will take me another four or five years before I can play characters (Mihir Virani, Rishabh Bajaj and KD Pathak) like he does. Although I have been around the TV scene for the past 15-16 years (debuted with Swabhimaan), I am lucky to get characters of 30 year boy next door. It is only now with above love story combined with patriotism that I have experimented with my look.”

The bonding between both the Roy brothers is so strong according to Rohit that, “We both revel in each other’s success. I cried when I saw Udaan. This was a remarkable achievement for somebody who had struggled for seven years after his film debut with Jaan Tere Naam and then went on to become number one actor on TV (Kyunki and Kasuati…) and then gave such a power-packed performance in an offbeat big screen project. Our interpersonal equation is so strong that both of us will not think a second before sacrificing something for the other.”

Rohit also dismisses rumours of him being jealous of Ronit.

“I don’t think anybody can accuse me of insecurity for that could only happen if I was unsuccessful. Over the years, I have always got good TV offers both in fiction (Viraasat and Sarrkkar etc) and non- fiction (hosted Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa season 2 and 3 and took part in Nach Baliye season 1). I have also dabbled in big screen (Plan, Shootout at Lokhandwala etc). In a way, I got it much easier than him for I never had to struggle, courtesy television. I am thankful to God for both brothers have made a mark for themselves which will make our mother proud,” he ends

No comments:

Audience Favorites