"I lied to my parents to get into acting," says Preeti Chaudhary

Preeti Chaudhary

People go from strength to strength to pursue their acting dreams. Some leave their homes, some fight with parents, but Preeti Chaudhary did something unique. The actress who has been seen in shows like Hum Ladkiya, Woh Rehne Wali Mehlon Ki, Yahaan Main Ghar Ghar Kheli and Havan, is seen as a lead in Colors’ Kairi. In this daily, she plays the character of Ambi, a self employed woman who runs a flour mill. And after her marriage, she will stand for her rights in front of her mother-in-law.

And yes, she is excited about this series, but her career started with a lie. Don’t get us wrong, hear it from Preeti. “I always wanted to be an actress. Some three years ago, while I was doing my B.com I told my parents that I have to visit Mumbai to attend a friend’s wedding. But my family is very conservative and they declined. My stubbornness won the battle in the end and I visited the city of dreams for 10 days. And all thanks to my school friends who stayed in the city, I gave some auditions and went back home to Ghaziabad (UP),” the actress tells Tellychakkar.com.

However, she bagged her first show, Hum Ladkiya on her second visit to the city. And even this visit had its share of lies. “I told my parents that I have got a job in Mumbai; but they were reluctant. I, on the other hand, was sure of what I wanted to do so I came to Mumbai,” says the gorgeous lady.

And given Preeti’s past work and the latest show, Kairi, we are sure her parents are extremely happy with her decision now. “My parents are proud of me now. After all, I have my posters all around,” laughs the stunning star.

No comments:

Audience Favorites