Deepika is looking for her "ideal man" who will "understand her and her family"

Deepika Singh

Either Deepika Singh of Diya Aur Baati Hum (Star Plus) is a typical Indian middle class girl or making a good show about the same. Don’t believe us? Well, then read on the conversation we had with her. This Delhi born actress shared that she is not very social and does not mingle with most of her male co-stars from the industry.

“I just meet them during shoots or events where we only exchange pleasantries. I am not very active on the social networking scene as well.”

Cut to our next question of her definition of an ideal man – who she is yet to find – the lovely actress said, “I am looking for somebody who will understand me and my family and someone with whom I can spend the rest of my life with.”

She further went on to say that she does not give too much importance to physical looks, “This trait is not high on my wish list.”

As opposed to her character Sandhya in the show – who is married to an uneducated sweet-seller Sooraj (Anas Rashid) – Deepika would be looking for a well-educated husband in real life. On another note, she said that she supports the idea of married women going to work, “Agreed conservative households don’t support such ideas, but I am all for it and know of many women who successfully balance both work and house.”

Coming to the other big issue of Indian women and their dressing style, she opined, “I like wearing western outfits for they are easy to manage. “She further claimed that a well-known publication had recently misquoted her by stating she is comfortable in short clothes. “I did not say that for it is not true and such talks harm my character’s image,” she ended.

No comments:

Audience Favorites