Coming soon: The autobiography of Ashish Sharma

Ashish Sharma

Yesterday (12 April 2012), the TV industry got a jolt with the news of Imagine TV shutting down. Ashish Sharma was playing the lead in the channels top-rated show Chandragupta Maurya, and in a day’s time he became jobless. Ashish was also left shell-shocked with the news. But now he has got the hang of the feeling and got himself busy with something more interesting.

“I always wanted to start a company of my own. But could not devote time for I kept busy with Chandragupta Maurya. Now that I am free, I will get on with it,” shares Ashish Sharma.

He will launch a media company, Smoking Carrots Fillum Compani, in association with his good friend and publicist, Kumar Abhishek. The company will basically deal with everything creative be it books, shows, feature films or documentaries. And its first project will be Ashish’s autobiography.

“Usually people who have achieved a lot in life have their autobiographies and compared to them I am a very simple guy. And as my journey is of an average individual I want the average person to connect with me. I don’t think I have achieved a lot in the Hindi TV industry; in fact, my career started with Imagine and has been limited to the channel… so I can’t say I have achieved much. But whatever I have seen or been through in my life will definitely connect with the common people and therefore I am working towards it,” shares Ashish.

Well does that mean that his fans will get to know about his love life as well (we broke the news of him dating Archana Taide)? “The entire inspiration of writing this biography came from the fact that love changed my life. I became more serious in life after I fell in love for the first time. Hence, one will get to read about it too”, he says.

The autobiography will be called Swayam- Everything Lies In Between and it will be written by Kumar Abhishek. Abhishek has been creatively associated with shows like Jaane Pehchane Se Yeh Ajnabi, Miley Jab Hum Tum and Baba Aiso Var Dhoondo. The biography will be written in Hindi and English. Currently, Ashish and Abhishek are researching on the project, “We want the readers to know the story not just from my perspective but also from the people who have been associated with me. However, it’s not an easy task. Personally, it hasn’t been easy for me as I am going through an emotional turmoil as I am reliving the precious and moving moments of my life.”

Finally, he concludes by stating, “Acting has been my priority and it will always be, however my other involvements will also simultaneously continue.”

Well Ashish, all the best for your future endeavours!!!

No comments:

Audience Favorites