Ayushman Khurana is eagerly waiting for the release of Vicky Donor

Ayushman Khurana

Well-known VJ and anchor Ayushman Khurana (who shot to fame as a contestant on MTV Roadies) is eagerly waiting for his Bollywood debut with Vicky Donor, which is all set to hit the screens on 20 April 2012.

“I am well aware that this Shoojit Sircar directed romantic comedy has no big stars. So the audience will only come into the theaters for its very quirky concept (sperm donation) which luckily has already raised a lot of eye brows,” says the confident lad with a smile.

Ayushman credits his eight-year long television career for his leap to the big screen. “I smartly opted for anchoring over acting as there are over 400 actors on the small screen, while you can count the number of good anchors on your finger tips. This exclusivity makes it easier for you to carve a niche for yourself. What has also helped me is the fact that I have always done different things, like, I have anchored youth shows (three seasons of Roadies, Stripped etc) music shows (Amul Music Ka Maha Muqqabla and Just Dance), talent shows (India’s Got Talent Season one and two) and cricket (Extra Innings T20 for Indian Premier League Season three) all of which are poles apart from each other. Also my small screen success has made a well-known name and big names like Shah Rukh Khan and Salman Khan are aware of my credibility as an anchor. Shoojit sir also cast me for this role based on my above TV assignments. I did not even have to audition for the same.”

However, Ayushman adds that both acting and anchoring are as different as chalk and cheese. “I had to unlearn a number of things such as when you anchor you talk to the camera but out here you have to ignore it and just deliver your stuff. I even had to do a number of workshops in Delhi to get into the acting groove.”

He was also very comfortable sharing screen space with his co-star Yami Gautam during the shooting of Vicky Donor, “I know her since a long time. Since she is much more technically sound with the craft then I am, it makes our combination even more interesting.”

Looking ahead, Ayushman shares, “Films would be my agenda. I would still dabble with TV but then I will become much more selective with my choice of projects,” he ends.

No comments:

Audience Favorites