I can never leave TV: Shilpa Anand

Shilpa Anand

Shilpa Anand played Dr Riddhima in Cinevistaas’ Dill Mill Gayye and became immensely popular amongst the masses. However, her ardent fans have been missing her in action. (So I decided to speak to my good friend and find out what she is up to, as the guest editor at Tellychakkar.com). But it looks like they will soon have a reason to celebrate as the gorgeous Shilpa is all set to shine on the big screen.

Yes, you heard it right. Shilpa has three films in her kitty, namely Bloody Isshq, Alert 24/7 and Zoom. But that is not it; she will be seen in a lead role in all these movies (that’s really nice). Does this mean that she has said good bye to TV? Shilpa denies it: “No. I can never leave Television for anything. I have learned so much through Television. If a good project comes my way I will definitely do it, but at present nothing exciting has been offered to me.”

Incidentally, she opted out of Dill Mill Gayye which was an extremely popular show. What made her take this decision? “There were few issues but I don’t want to really talk about it now as the issues have been resolved and it is past now,” says Shilpa.

Coming back to her movies, Bloody Isshq is being directed by Arup Dutta, who has also directed Morning Walk. “It was an amazing experience shooting for the film. The atmosphere on the sets was very chilled out and I had a blast shooting for it,” Shilpa reveals. “It is a sweet, lovable character that I am playing. I can’t share the entire story. But you know Munisha; I am a devil in disguise” (Laughs).

Talking about what she would love to do Shilpa says, “I would love to do a horror film and also like to host a show.” What about reality shows? Would you take up something like Survivor? “I would definitely not do something like Survivor. It’s too adventurous for me to handle,” she adds.

We can’t end the interview with out asking about her relationship status. “I am single and definitely not ready to mingle. I am just enjoying singlehood.” So would we see you in a relationship in the near future? “I would rather go on for a arrange marriage than getting into a relationship,” beams Shilpa.

In closing, the gorgeous actress doesn’t forget to thank her fans for loving her unconditionally and showering her with their blessings, continuously. “Lots of love to all of you,” ends Shilpa.

No comments:

Audience Favorites