Everyone wants to be Balika's buddy


avika-s-gor.

Balika Vadhu’s Anandi (Avika Gor) says everyone wants to be her friend now that she's a star.

She is very happy about the fact she has gained so much name and fame at such a younger age.

Achha lagta hai…” says the elated kid “I feel great because jabse main Balika mein aayi hoon, everyone wants to become my friend and that way I’ve made many new friends”. Even her family and relatives behave in a very different and nicer way “they all watch the serial regularly, so they keep asking me that what will happen next…” smiles the child star.

Teachers too give her special treatment at school and help her to cope with what she has missed. Avika says “they are very sweet… they teach me everything I miss while shooting, they all help me”.

With the television industry not working because of a strike, Avika has been attending all her classes regularly, which was not possible till last week. “Shooting ke time main kabhi kabhi half day leke ghar aa jaati hoon ya off le leti hoon… par aisa hardly hota hai” says Avika. For the last 10 days she has been studying, playing badminton and freaking out with friends. She misses shooting terribly however: “Bore ho gayi hoon… shooting bahot miss kar rahi hoon,” she says sadly.

What's her favourite game? “I love playing Barbie doll with my friends, especially my mom” who she says is her best friend. "I also play computer games with my cousin (younger) as bade bhaiya doesn’t enjoy playing much” Avika informs.

The onscreen Anandi is a chatterbox in real life too. She amazes her parents with the constant asking of questions till she gets a convincing answer from them.

Her parents say she's a mature and understanding child. Does that mean she's never naughty?

“I do masti par main acchhi masti karti hoon… jaise ki main kisiko pareshan karne wali masti nahi karti, isliye mujhe kabhi daant nahi padti” she tells us.

Does she know how to cook?

“I know how to make tea and I make Maggi in the microwave. I’ve learnt halwa recently while shooting for Balika,” she says. Her mumma’s and grandma’s aaloo ki sabzi and chapatti is her favourite food, which she says she simply can’t resist.

Avika think she’s not deprived of all the childhood masti which other kids enjoy, and says she fulfills all her desires at the shoot and at home. “Smita didi (Who plays Anandi's mother-in-law) ke saath Barbie doll khelti hoon” she informs.

The concept of child marriage has become clearer to the child star after she has started working in Balika Vadhu. “I know that child marriage is a very bad thing, I know that Raja Ram Mohun Roy had opposed it” says the little bride. She recollects the incident in Guwahati where she went with her family when a lady approached her and appreciated her work “Unhone kahaa ki wo balika vadhu dekhti hain. She also told me that she got married when she was just 8 years old and that she faced the same problems which Anandi is facing” says Avika.

And how has her life changed after Balika?

“People love me more, earlier they used to talk very little to me and now I’ve more friends” says Avika.

No comments:

Audience Favorites