Ashutosh Kaushik back to school

After winning Roadies 5.0, Ashutosh Kaushik was invited to his school. There his teacher introduced him to the students as not just a Roadies winner but one who was bright in studies and was destined to be successful. Ashutosh cuts short his master, speaks to the children himself. "Contrary to what Masterji said, I was extremely poor in studies and without copying, I wouldn't have passed. Often in schools, our teachers create an inferiority complex among students who aren't bright."

Seven months later, Ashtuosh narrates this anecdote in front of the media. "You may not be well educated but you can still succeed in life. My win should eradicate the inferiority complex amongst children who are weak in studies," says the dhabhawala from Saharanpur.

Two reality shows and two triumphs, Ashutosh is indeed destiny's child. In an exclusive chat with Webnsn.com, Ashutosh speaks about his Bigg Boss 2 experience, his life after Roadies, so-called girlfriend Sonel and more. Read on.

How does it feel to be out from the Bigg Boss house after 98 days?

While I find myself facing the camera again but I'm able to see the faces behind it. And, more importantly they are new faces. In the house, it was an eye sore to see the same faces again and again. It's nice to be back in the real world.

Rahul Mahajan urged the people to vote for you. You too credited him immensely for your win. Is this victory earned or was it gifted to you by Rahul?

I don't agree with it. Time and again I'd said that my competition lies with Rahul. Whether I win or lose, I wanted Rahul to be at the opposing end. Rahul didn't gift me any win, if that was the case then he'd never nominated me for eviction. I too nominated him various times.

Post your win, you mentioned in the press conference that you got nominated as per your will. Was it a deliberate attempt to get nominated?

In the first 5-6 weeks, I used to be very calm and mingled with the quieter boys like Zulfi and Debojit. However, despite maintaining my cool, I was getting nominated. It's then that I decided to come out of my shackles and be myself. My behaviour wasn't liked by all but getting nominated enabled me to know my value. However, every time I got nominated I was confident that I wouldn't get out of the house.

Which is a bigger triumph – Raodies or Bigg Boss 2?

I'd still rate Roadies higher. It wasn't for it then nobody would have called a dhabhawala to Bigg Boss. Though unlike Roadies, which was mainly viewed by the youth, Bigg Boss exposed me to the family audience.

However, the family audience usually don't approve of the language that you used (at times) in the Bigg Boss house.

Name me one individual who doesn't abuse. What will men do when they are awake at odd hours in the night? Raja, Rahul and I did indulge into dirty talking. But aren't we being real? The onus lies with the channel whether they want to show it or not.

Often your housemates got upset with you that in spite of being a dhabhawala, you didn't cook.

This was among the many frivolous reasons that they cited whilst nominating me. They said I'm abusive but can any one of them prove that I used bad language again them? As for cooking, if a person says he/she wants to cook then why should I stop him/her from doing so.

Once I was cooking spinach and Debojit asked me whether I've cleaned the vegetable properly. My reply to him was if he doesn't think so then he should clean it himself. That's the attitude that I adopted thereafter.

Most of the housemates were well educated. You were the odd one out. Did that make you feel insecure?

Never. I said to myself that if I chose to keep mum then these people would shred me to pieces. So, I chose to be myself and looked everyone into the eye.

How many friends did you make in the Bigg Boss house?

Everyone was a friend and there weren't any enemies. I want to be in touch with all of them after Bigg Boss too. Raja, Diana and Rahul are close friends.

What about Diana? Is she more than just a friend?

Diana and I hit off instantly. There was something common between us which made us enjoy each other's company. One can say whatever they want. May be people don't have any work that's why they talk about me. I really don't care what they say. For a former Miss World to have just spoken to me was matter of pride in itself. Perhaps, I will have to ask her to tie me a rakhi. That will put an end to all speculations to our relationship. After Diana left, I would be deprived of a good breakfast.

Despite winning Roadies you were sleeping in a vehicle. Did Roadies left you to live on the roads?

After winning Roadies, I spent the next 2-3 months in Mumbai hunting for work. I was looking at a career in acting but nobody gave me a chance. I didn't have money to even a rent a flat in Mumbai. A friend of mine, who has a cargo business, would let me stay in his vehicle. I had no problem living there. The only thing that irked me was that when people came to meet me they would often ask why a Roadies winner is staying in a transport. It was really embarrassing and I wanted to change this.

What will you do with the Rs 1 crore that you've earned from Bigg Boss 2?

Firstly, I'd like to buy a house in Mumbai. I haven't thought anything else beyond it. I will consult the elder and wise members of the family on how to spend the money.

Your former girlfriend Sonel Singh has accused you of cheating her. She said that you were sleeping with other women. Still you referred to her as your girlfriend in the Bigg Boss house?

She's still my girlfriend. I don't why she hasn't come here today. I'm surprised as to why she's made such a remark. I myself will like to ask her such questions. It's hard to believe that she's accused me of sleeping with other women, when I in realty, I find it difficult to converse with them. Even when I came in Roadies, I wasn't comfortable in speaking to women. Thus, I'm baffled by her accusations.

Finally, where does Ashutosh go from here?

I don't know. When I was asked why I'm on Bigg Boss, my reply was that since I had no work, I chose to come here. It was the same with Roadies too. Two reality shows and two triumphs. I reckon, I'm born to win reality shows. Acting is something that interests me. I'd look to get into films. Jab koi kaam dega, toh main waha chala jaoonga.

No comments:

Audience Favorites