Neha Marda of Balika Vadhu Scared

..

“Balika Vadhu” SLAPPED “Kyunki”


Neha: I am scared of my on-screen husband and dadi sa...

20-year old Neha Marda is the latest addition to the show Balika Vadhu, where she portrays 18-year old Gehana. However, we caught up with the young actress and realized that she is quite different from the character she plays. We ask her about her character, college life and much more.

Q. How were you approached for this role?

A. Lata and Neeru have always been great friends of mine. On the 2nd of September I got a call from them and was told about the character and the role. I really liked it but was not really able to relate to Gehana. I told her this but somehow they convinced me to audition and I got selected.

Lakme India Fashion Week 2008



Q. Did you used to watch Balika earlier?

A. I used to follow it regularly but I never even imagined that I would ever be a part of it.
Q. How many shows have you done earlier?

A. I've been into acting for two years now. Saath Rahega (Sahara One) was my first show where I played the lead, and then I did Ghar ek sapna (Sahara One) and Ek thi Rajkumari (Zee Next).
Q. Are you studying right now?

A. I am doing a correspondence course in FY B.A from Economics in Delhi from Ignou Institution, which is a private institution.
Q. Your college being in Delhi, how do you cope up with your studies and work?


Fashion stars cost



A. Since I am doing a correspondence I just go to Delhi to give my exams. Also, I find the syllabus very easy. A month of studying is more than enough for me. as I just aim to clear the exams.
Q. Were you comfortable with heavy costumes and jewellery when you just started with Balika?

A. Poora mahaul hi itna heavy tha, toh jewellery ka kya hai? (Laughs.)

Q. Gehana in the show is a very quite and tolerant girl. What's Neha like?

A. I just can't relate to the character. Neha is very chilled out girl, she's a big chatter box, and she is the one who makes people talk. I can adjust but can't compromise... to bare torture is especially not my cup of tea!

Q. Have you personally heard things like child marriage?

A. I am a marwari.I've personally seen child marriages in my family. My dadi got married at the age of 11 and her mom got married when she was just 6 years old!

Q. How much do you support the concept of sex education and what do you think should be the right age for it?

A. I totally agree with this concept as I feel that children in the 6th/7th standard should be made aware of these things. They shouldn't feel embarrassed as this is very practical thing and they should have complete knowledge of the subject.

Full Details : TOP 30 Participants of Indian Idol Season 4


Q. Who are you most friendly with on the sets?

A. Off the sets, mostly I, Jagdish, Anandi and Sukhna have fun together. We play cards, ludo, saanp seedi. I am really scared of my on screen husband dadi sa.

Q. According to you what is the ideal age for marriage?

A. 24-25.

Q. At what age are you planning to get married?

A. I am actually very keen on the idea of getting married. If I get a good man right now, I've no issues in getting married now! (Laughs.)

Q. What are the qualities that you look in for your partner?

A. (Thinks.) He should be mature and belong to a filthy rich family; and that too a joint family! There has to be an age difference of 3 years between us. I want a 'man'. and not a 'boy'!

Q. What are your future plans in academics?

A. Firstly, I've to finish my graduation. Once I am done with that, and if I am in the industry till that period then I'll focus on acting and if not, then I would go for higher studies.

Also Read: "Khatron Ke Khiladi" Season 2 coming

No comments:

Audience Favorites